Calum Hervieu is an enthusiastic & knowledgeable speaker on science and space exploration.
He has given multiple talks in Hawaii, the UK, France, Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands. His experience spans technical talks to the European Space Agency and industry names like Airbus and Thales Alenia Space, as well as to the general public in museums, institutions and classrooms all around the world.
Calum is also a confident host and has appeared on several panels.
Please see the testimonials below or
take a look at a recent talk here!
All talks are individually tailored.
SPEAKING TOPICS INCLUDE:
The future of space exploration
The Moon and Mars
Commercialization of space
What to do with an Astrophysics degree?
Personal experiences & motivation
"Calum inspired more than 900 students about space-exploration. With passion he conveyed his views on how space exploration will impact our lives in the next decade. He was open to answering questions from our audience and very approachable to network afterwards.
We were very pleased to have Calum as one of our speakers during Future Entrepreneurship 2020."
- R. DEPOVER
THE ROYAL INSTITUTION OF GREAT BRITAIN
"Calum was an excellent addition to our panel for the ExpeRience: 2001 A Space Odyssey event. It was clear that he was knowledgeable in his field and portrayed this to the audience. We thank Calum for attending the event and would welcome him back in the future."
- L. DERRY
"Calum is a passionate and articulate communicator, able to make the intricacies of space science and exploration accessible to a broad audience. His knowledge and enthusiasm for all things space-related is infectious and really shines through in his work."
- DR. M. KUKULA
Calum is a fantastic speaker. I booked Calum to talk about his recent projects and the future of space exploration for a live broadcast with an audience of 10-14 year olds across the U.K. Calum did an excellent job of explaining complex concepts in an accessible way for this young audience. As an added bonus, he also talked eloquently about pursuing your dreams - he was truly inspirational role model for all the students watching the broadcast.
- J. PARKINSON-HILLS,
INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL UTRECHT
"Mr. Hervieu held an engaging Q&A session, helping my students get a deeper understanding of black holes, space travel and cosmology. The level of technical detail was extremely well pitched for our group, and I do recommend him as a speaker and expert for all audiences."
- M. PELTONEN
"Thank you, Calum Hervieu, for a very informative and engaging talk with our middle primary children. They were so excited to meet you and to have you answer their questions. Your presentation was perfectly pitched to your audience and the children were enthralled throughout your talk. "
- A. CAMPBELL-HARRIS
- '2020 Vision; the Next Decade of Space Exploration', SINC Antwerp Future Entrepreneurship 2020, Antwerp, Belgium.
- 'To the Moon', Small steps and giant leaps, Apollo 50th, The Royal Institution, London, U.K.
- Live interview, the Steam School, UK.
- 'Mission to the Moon', the European Astronaut Centre, Germany.
- Host, Beyond Earth,University of Edinburgh, Scotland.
- 'A path through space', Careers Lecture, The University of Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- 'Life on Mars', Apollo 9 Space Late National Space Centre, UK.
- 'Skype a Scientist' speaker - matching scientists to classrooms (2018 - Pres)
- 'Ask an Astrophysicist', 'Brunstane Primary School, Edinburgh, Scotland.
- 'The future of space is now', ExpeRience: 2001 A Space Odyssey panel event, The Royal Institution, London, U.K.
- 'The Theory of Everything', Utrecht International School, Utrecht, Netherlands.
- 'Simulating Mars', Oahu high school visit, Canada-France-Hawaii Telescope, Hawaii, U.S.
- 'Learning to Live on Mars... on Maunaloa!', Maunakea Skies Program, Imiloa Planetarium, Hawaii, U.S.
- 'Everyday Space', Edinburgh Academy, United Kingdom.
- 'Moon Utilisation for Science and Exploration Executive Summary', the European Space Agency, ESTEC, Netherlands.
- 'Moon Utilisation for Science and Exploration', Airbus Defence & Space, Netherlands.
- 'Moon Utilisation for Science and Exploration', ISAE-Supaero, Toulouse, France.
- 'Moon Utilisation for Science and Exploration', ALTEC & Thales Alenia Space, Italy.
Some of Calum's previous highlights include: